I've had a fair few blogs in my time and I consistently struggle with this first post...in which case, a small history!

I am 24 years old (you probably knew this already).
I am currently marooned in deepest Somerset (again with the probably knew thing).
I have been thinking about starting this page for quite a while (not so known).
I will be moving to Germany in roughly...11 days.
I think this will be a really nice way to let people laugh at all the German social faux pas-es I am bound to make. :)
I took inspiration for the web address from some guy whose name quite literally translates to English as Total Lion King (true story).
"Deutsche Märchen" simply means "German Tales". I have probably got the grammar and gender all wrong however :p
Me Meeston is the alias I always use when signing up to email mailouts...I always get creeped out using my own name so...this might be why :p

So, I guess the main reason behind this whole saga could possibly be laziness, as I already have a lot of peoples addresses as well as a rather large travel journal to record things in. I still intend to make the most of both of these things by jotting down various happenstances, saving tickets and whatnot as well as sending various german crap to everyone (ever) in the post...but the web is such a universal thing these days (the "world wide" bit in www would kinda give that away, right...) that I thought it would be easy for people to read, easy for me to write and...i don't know. Just nice.

Also, I'm really looking forward to having a reason to write again. You know...write, the very thing I defined myself by for three whole years then completely spurned (lol spurned) afterwards? If I ever wake at 2am with the weird sinking feeling in my stomach that needs to be satiated by creative means, I can tappy-tap away for a bit and all will be right with the world :)

A little more info, then...if you didn't already know, the reason I'll be off to Munich is to help out in a family by teaching their girls English, taking them to hobbies, cooking them small meals, generally keeping them entertained and such with crafts and funny hair-dos...that sort of thing. How this all came about...I happened to be bored of a Saturday at my full-time job in Derby and joined an aupair website...got a few emails here and there, nothing special, quite a lot of awful families (sorry but true :p) and then out of the rough came this amazing email! I read it, re-read it, forwarded it to the people that meant the very most to me to get their opinion...then sort of decided to go on the spot. I was fed up of my jobs, and although everyone I knew was sound as a pound I didn't really see what I was achieving anymore just existing in Derby. For the first birthday ever I'd felt older than usual, and maybe I was just needing to do something out of the ordinary to keep myself interested in life. Whatever it's attributed to, I just knew it was the right decision. I spoke to the family at length, I spoke to the girl who preceded me again at length, and kept in regular contact with them both. This morning, I spoke with the family again - even managing to speak with the girls, agreed a date and bought my flight over. I've also been on the look out for crafty things to do and am pretty set on getting them hooked on Decopatch - even if the base of that decision is cause I also want to have a go :p

Which brings me to now. I've been moved out of my Derby flat for just over two weeks but it seems like foreverandaday. I've temped in this crappy office filing away the largest amount of files I have ever seen IN MY LIFE, for a bit of extra cash. I've received my new passport and look successfully smackaddict-y. I've had super-fun weekends away in Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol and Oxford, revisited my teenage haunts by having nights out in Minehead and Taunton, have seen and intend to see some of the faces I've met over the years. I'm currently selling most of my life on eBay to again raise a few extra funds. And I think that just about covers it!

I'm so happy life got exciting again. :)

Sunday 11 April 2010 Posted in | , , , , , , | 2 Comments »

One Responses to "eins"

  1. Unknown says:

    Best of luck Beth, look forward to hearing of your always adventurous adventures !! :p

    Dave Pearson

  1. Me Meeston says:

    thank you daveed, i only just realised you posted this! i will try my hardest to make things mostly ridiculous for your enjoyment. lol x

Write a comment