All the dogs in the neighbourhood keep barking in unison. I can only assume this is due to some two-colour-haired old crone stealing a bunch of dalmatian puppies somewhere over the hill? Perhaps she's hiding them in a nearby barn. I should get on to solving the crime, the first time it happened was about 2 weeks ago, they're probably nearly a coat by now...maybe they'll make a film of it :p a curious phenomenon indeed....

In other news, there is a house on my street I have fallen in love with. His name is Rufus Foxworthy and we are to be married. He is like something out of the pages of the most charming of storybooks, however actually exists on the corner of my street and a street I can't spell. He has windows everywhere and I can never quite figure out how many floors; a constant mindteaser at the very least. Once I've married a rich man or won the lottery I will acquire said house, life plan therefore sorted. I'm awarding myself 350 life points for that, this takes me to a total of 356, schwing!

Sunday was Won-day. After a rather late start I went for an epic cycle in the forest, popping down to Diesenhofen, back up through Furth and through some oddment little suburbs (all of which were closed = a little less win)...I chased the sun and managed to keep capturing it. Excellent :) I then popped home, got showered and met with a friend for chats and a general wanderabout. It was awesome, we went down to the park near Odeonsplatz and there were loads of couples dancing 50s-style in a bandstand-style building with marble floors. Their feet were all tapping in unison and they had their own vintage music creaking from a little rickety stereo. A fair few of them wouldn't have looked like they were able to dance if they weren't doing so, which was my favourite part of the whole affair :) as they all really could liek woah! We then decamped to a nearby bench, whereby I was told about people I'm glad not to have met. This was followed by meeting another (severely hungover) friend and a 9pm excursion to the Frauhoferstraße area which is by far my favourite place to be. Lots of little cafes and bars and benches full of people talking the night away, I love the european ability to just pop out for a late-night coffee, and will be indulging any visitors that might pop up from time to time in said priviledge. The nights just go on for so long, there's no rush for them to end and for a nightowl such as myself it's perfection +1. We (said friends and I) also discussed the possibility of making some kind of night-picnic for consumption in the middle of a roundabout sometime....which would be awesome :))))

As for now, I am currently just over halfway through my first lone seminar, whereby I'm the sole and only carer of the girls. It's....interesting, and hard work, and really fun, at times trying plus completely worthwhile but more than anything has shown me just how far away having children is for me. In fact, I will do everything I want to do until that gets boring, then...well, who knows? I never planned on being here in the first place, so...

Right now marks the end of a really nice afternoon, in which me and the smallest Kind went for a picnic in the forest. The other two are staying over with a friend, as I have German school tomorrow so getting them all to school, and myself would be practically impossible. Anyway, we packed all our picnic stuff up, she sat in the little bike trolley (a little like this, I want one :p) and we saw all the tall trees and sat under the shadows of a really old one (tree, not man) and ate our jam sandwiches and bananas and muesli bars. :) We then bought a little ice cream and came home just in time for bed. Awesome :)

Theme of the week, a rediscvoverance of the Zane Lowe show as a way of piecing a little bit of Britain back into my day...christ I love this man. He plays so many different types of music I always find myself pondering how he got it all authourised for Radio 1 who are usually all about the same-old playlist. His little set-up there is possibly my ideal life situation in theory, I'm aware the grass is always greener but as far as I can see, his field is flourescent. I want his goddamn job! plzzzzz

Right, moving rightaboutnow from here to a position rather more horizontal and snore-y. I'm bushed, haha leaving that in as it made me laugh, i-to the-mmature. This weekend, after many-a demand on my eveningtime, sees some freeness of the night variety and therefore hopefully an excursion or two to some new bars, as the ones I've been going to up until now are a massive laugh but a little repetitive. I also feel I should write more about the nightlife as I've neglected this a little! I guess I'm all about the silly small things right now like strange-looking fifties-dancing couples and their tapping feet or the way the light falls on a nighttime road-side cafe table. I'll try my hardest to snap out of it... (I won't)

As a closing thought, I am completely and utterly obsessed with Caribou. Check him out, if you perhaps happen to like music that sounds like it should be played in some deserted Eastern Bloc 80s-throwback disco, whilst simultaenously being really sweet...and I've sat for about ten minutes now trying to edit that sentence but I've come to the conclusion I really can't define it any better. Listen and seeeeeeeeee....that is all. x

Wednesday 7 July 2010 Posted in | , , , , , , , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Having a sit, drinking a coffee..."

Write a comment