Argh! Life has done its perpetual life-type thing and taken me away with it for two and a half whole weeks... the family have gone away on Urlaub and taken the computer away with them so, although much has happened in this fairly small period its been reduced to bullet points that have sat not so neatly in the back of my travel journal... until such time as I lay my grubby fingers upon my rather fancy new baby pink netbook, ie now, its sweeeeeeeeeeet :) and so are you for bearing with me until rightaboutnow :)

Firstly, today finds me rather confused due to overtiredness. After going to watch a play in some outdoor theatre (where? now that's what they call undiscloseable information until...about 5 days time as it happens) i ended up out till about 2, rising at 8. I then went out and about, again at an undisclosed location, with some of the very best, getting home about 3 this morning. Therefore things like ordering the day and generally walking/breathing/being are proving rather hard, I'm desperate for a nap, and the fact some crappy little critter has decided to bite chunks out of my poor torso just makes the whole affair rather too upsetting for my taste. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Therefore, to minimise the distress to my poor nonfunctioning brain, I'm not even going to bother joining up the points I wanted to make into any sort of sequential sense, and instead am going to just copy the points I hurriedly scribbled down in pencil. You call this lazy, I call it an economical timesaving idea of maximus genoisity. Heh

First up,

FASANERIE
I went to a lake and swam in the proper outdoors, just like Ray Mears. It was most fantabulous and just the right temperature. Lots of sunbathing Germans were there (not naked, more about this later though. blegh) as they don't live nowhere near no beach dahn sarf innit, but the beach atmosphere was certainly recreated, acceeee. Me and my companions swam from one side of the lake, to the other and back, and debated comandeering a German lady's water raft. Then realised we were outnumbered 3 to about 384...so changed our minds. Note to self = next time bring raft or other such lilo object.

NIGHT OUT
A few beers in the lake later (yuhuh classy), we were heading for mine and then the nightlife of Muenchentown. There's this club called Cord which is better on a Friday than a Saturday, but still indeed passable on a Saturday. A kind of electro indie mashup thing, and yes I felt like a twat writing that sentence. A friend even bought some Proper Germans from her office, and I spoke to them a lot and although feedback was that it was a bit strange I was still understood, KAPOW life points time... I award myself 50 :)) Not much else to say about this night apart from I danced, had a few beers and generally a merry old time. Ja

TOLLWOOD
Amazing! A little fairylighted festival in the Olympiapark which is on twice a year at Christmas and in summer, and free for anyone to have a wanderaround in the day or evening (until about 1am when it closes for the night). There's pretty much anything that you can think of, loads of different types of music and a recreation of a moroccan street inside a tent, complete with cushiony bar and shisha pipes. So atmospheric, and indeed the best place to take photos, if either time I went I had remembered to bring my camera. Loser

SCREWY U BAHNS
Imagine getting on the last train home and going one stop, then being told by transport police to get off, therefore being stuck in the city. Imagine then calling a friend and going to a bar instead. Yeah...imagine that. Fun night though, even despite my complete faildom with the public transport around here. All trains and trams should know that I'm a not-very-secret transport geek, why don't they return the love :(((


MUSIC SWAPS WITH STRANGERS
I met an American boy with ADD and his girlfriend, and he gave me a list of music that makes his mouth smile. It's all frickin awesome (so far)! I only hope they both liked my list as much, wherever in the world they are now. I therefore highly endorse music swaps with complete strangers, even if it's just for a cheap laugh :p

END OF GERMAN SCHOOL
We went to a Japanese restaurant, and it was sweet and it was cheap. I'll miss them, and more than anything miss having something to sleep in for and miss. Gives your life more purpose, see...

SUMMER JOB
I will officially be freelancing for an English teaching summer camp throughout August...my group is for 6-8 year olds, we'll be playing games and generally acting like twats, and I will be being paid for this. First step on the ladder and all that :) I've also had a couple more interviews for part time morning jobs to fit around my aupairing (one of which would certainly generate funny things to write about :p), so we'll see how that goes....need money plz :(

NAKED SUNBATHERS
Imagine a nice little date with Dorian Gray at the Isar, ruined completely by sunbathing wrinkly old naked Germans on the opposite riverbank. He wasn't even closing his legs! Safe to say, I had a quick swim then scarpered, there was also some caveman type character in a loincloth who kept hitting and poking the surrounding trees with a stick. Takes all sorts?

OK, this has taken every scrap of effort and concentration and so I'm off to lie down and generally be inactive. I might also buy an ice cream. That is all, hoping you are indeed well and happy, let me know your news as I can't ever get away from the feeling, when blogging, that this is all so terribly self-indulgent...

Bis bald xxxxxxx

Saturday 24 July 2010 Posted in | , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "On the road to doing something awesome... :)"

  1. francesca says:

    outdoor swimming sounds wonderful, not so sure about wrinkly old man, but as you say it takes all sorts. i also want to inform you that there is something in the post for you (for real this time!) xxxxxxx

Write a comment