TV On The Radio were the absolute shit. The best! There is literally nothing better than watching a group of musicians who really inspire you with everything they do. Makes me very sad that due to moving out and having to afford my own place (which I am continually procrastinating on, sigh.. some things never change ! ), etc my plans for music lessons have had to take a back seat. But, soon! Anyway, the show kept me going inspiring-things-wise for now, it was comprised of an excellent choice of songs and they did this re-stitching together of tunes I already loved, which worked but is so hard to explain. In short, if they're going to be anywhere near you, go and see them! And you will see for your very self... The venue was the Muffathalle, it was my first time there and I found it a really decent set-up, for starters the sound was incredible.. but there was also a really good view.. :) in fact, I think I'll be hard-pushed to better that show this year, but time will tell... reason to go to more gigs I'd say..

A whole lot else, quite simply, hasn't been occurring of late. I know, this is an unfortunate theme of my posts lately but I'm counting down the days to some trips I have planned in summer. How exciting ! Then, I will surely have more to write about, you have my word... as a small point of interest, I spent most of this evening decorating cakes, if I have to see another cake again in the next year I'll scream like a banshee.. but before I entered cake hell via a caprese salad and many dayglo sugar-based cake garnishments (sugar high, lolz), I popped quickly to Tollwood for the afternoon which was really nice. Caught up with a friend and wandered around the festival, had a couple of Aperol Sprizz and then wobbled off home on my bike. Also, I set myself the task of cycling from my house to the Olympiapark which is about an hour each way. Got a tad lost in both directions, but otherwise am pretty pleased with how my navigation of the city is coming together, one point me ;)

Anyway, it's 2am and I have just over 12 hours before the house is full of 30 screaming 5 and 6 year olds.. so to bed for me. Have song 10 though, and a song that makes me fall asleep, in a good way, Mogwai have always been my favourite relaxingsleeprecord... :) I remember the first time I heard this song like it was yesterday, so clear... it was somewhere around 4am on MTV2 late night, I immediately downloaded the album and have been in love ever since <3



A tad perfect or what.. :) xx

Friday 24 June 2011 Posted in | , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Curse me out in free verse, wrap me up in reverse.."

Write a comment