Oooooooooooooooooooook, last night absolutely marked the high point of my time here thus far, but not to get ahead of myself I should backtrack a little as the days beforehand housed a few nice (and not so nice) little details that are probably worth mentioning... :)

Getting the crap stuff out of the way I got grabbed by the arm one afternoon by some weirdo on the ubahn! YAY, or not - I swiftly\obviously pushed him off and kindly\loudly told him not to touch\talk to\be near me. Did the trick and he went away...score 1 team Q. Moving on.....

I have started German Sprachschule (language school) and the best thing about this is I have made my very first non-english speaking friend :) This means maximus practice of die Deutsch which is obviously no bad thing. It's actually not that hard either, what it's made me realise more than anything is that communication goes so much further than just the words we choose, and as a result i rarely find that i don't understand the gist of what she's saying. Awesomesauce...

This week I found myself at a loose end one evening and so found myself at Gemma's flat with a bottle of red wine and some Ritter Sport. We sat for ages and chatted about general life stuff, it was dead nice to get to know more people and generally feel like a social panda as opposed to a filmwatching quiet pyjama-clad panda. It was just as nice when Katherine came over too, weird fact of the day - she was in the video for Freddy Kreuger so is pretty much my new hero. Long story short (HA, as if I can atually do that but I'll try...) I happened to mention that Saturday was the last date of this Corsetry exhibition I wanted to go to at the Münchner Stadtmuseum - turns out she had also wanted to go so we went together. It was really interesting (even if there was no option of reading the info in English) and simply about the history of women's underwear and how the female silhouette has changed since the 1800s. Loads of really amazing clothes from various periodic times, we wandered around and cooed and imagined ourselves in Pride and Prejudice and generally had a lovely time. She also happened to mention that she was heading out again that night with Gemma and that I should go along...I was babysitting til late but said i might think about it, depending when the parents got home. Which brings me to...........

A completely unexpected reincarnation of the wonderment of Beard Night :) A little history on this, I lived with some people after I finished university in 2008, one Sunday we happened to go swimming till about 10pm, after which we all had the next day off and really felt like doing something. Not really sure how this evolved into us drawing beards on our faces and going to Scream but sometimes these things just happen... :p Anyway, I'd mentioned it to the girls in passing conversation on wine night and they'd been rather enthusiastic, but to be honest I didn't think too much of it. That was until the parents came home early, I decided to pop out for a bit afterall, and arrived to meet two girls with beards. I was swiftly given a Craig David, joining Poirot and Guy Fawkes and we were then joined by the dad from Matilda, an old wise Chinese man, a Grandad, and a Mexican Bandito amongst others... One thing I've learnt from going out in Hostel bars is that travelling folk are pretty much up for any kinda stupid idea, the beard thing really caught on until we were drawing on complete strangers...even people who already had actual beards wanted us to draw an eyeliner one on them, it was actually ridiculous but simply the most fun I've had in ages. I've decided that each time I live in a different city, I'm gonna try to resurrect the beard thing and spread the beardy word...and if only my original bearded amigos had been there to see it all they would have appreciated it so much!

So, I've been writing now for ages and must get up early...here endeth the chapter of pants and facial hair. Tomorrow marks the first three-day seminar (whereby it's just me and the kids and a schedule to keep to....) so wish me luck :)

...........Gerard Depardieu...........x

ps, something which makes me happy :)

Sunday 16 May 2010 Posted in | , , , , , | 2 Comments »

One Responses to "l'histoire de corsetoire and beard night the second"

  1. Hannah says:

    I wish I'd done a beard night, maybe I'll get the gang to do it in Guildford before we all finish uni

  1. Me Meeston says:

    Do it! It's an experience....

Write a comment