Today started as a disastrous one all round, but surprisingly I've turned it around a bit and am now in a super good mood. Zum Beispiel, I forgot my phone, there was a confusion at work which was then solved, I fell up the stairs pretty spectacularly, that kinda thing. But perhaps as a result of this faily beginning, I've spent the afternoon finally picking up my newly-serviced bike (that I got for free donchaknow, score one me), finding my way home on said contraption, and doing PRODUCTIVE SENSIBLE BANK ACCOUNT RELATED THINGS, and have made a couple of decisions with regard to things I'm going to go back to (hint: not the UK (sorry) more of the musical persuasion.. so freaking excited! More on this as it develops..) and am now listening to Total Life Forever incredibly loud, about to have a bath and currently have the coldest beer known to man in my right hand, that I unexpectedly found in the fridge. Life, whilst back to the template of boringness known as "normality" after all that happened last week.. is pretty OK at this precise second!

So, the gap in posting then.. my netbook touchpad is severely broken (boo hiss) and I'm too lazy to buy a replacement as yet... this means I am having to operate my whole computer with keystrokes, how retro. Good job I'm fairly competent with our robotic laptop friends and can actually even do this I suppose ! But also, I find myself kinda reluctant to spend yet MORE money because, in more exciting news, I've had loads of visitor types :) so.. in-between running away for the day to fairytale castles and such (€€), catching silly amounts of trains (€) and eating rather too much stodgy German food (€€€) I've not really had time to slope off and write anything. I'm sure my 8 followers will understand, it doesn't pay to be rude and ignore guests in order to type a blog, now, does it... but I have had fun, and will tell you about it.. however.. I do find that this leaves me in a bit of a pickle writing-wise. The reason for this is, that so much has now happened I'm never going to have the patience to write it all in an average of 5 paragraphs. Hm! The logical thing would be to split it all into manageable chunks, but the danger with this is that my memory is such a sellotaped-together pretender these days I'd probably forget it all. I guess it's patience vs. ongoing bad memory-finder, and I think the patience is going to lose ha. So I will most likely make a list, and start today by adding a picture of Neuschwanstein which was certainly the highlight of my excursions...



Isn't it amazing ! I know many places where the pictures look so much better, and after a whole day of travelling you turn up to this two foot high thing and think.. well I paid €2837 or however much to get here.. ?! Wtf etc, but I can safely say that this picture doesn't even do the view justice one percent! If you get the chance to go DO IT, it was the inspiration for the disney castles and, although it costs about €2837 to get in (we just walked around, the view was good enough), and there are the obligatory other fifteen thousand tourists with their clashy clothes combinations, pushy tendencies and bad B.O. problems it's totally worth all that, just to be able to set your eyes on not only this castle but the other one that was built just down the valley.. apparently when you're King Ludwig II only 84375676474 castles will do, there are at least another 3 that I know of, all built with the state of Bavaria's money of course... ! Terrible for those that had to starve at the time, but makes for a rather good yarn nowadays, don't you think? Of course there are many other facts I could add but, mainly, I forgot them all and to be honest... I want my bath now hah :p before I post today's song (song "challenge" fail) here's a shot of castle number two:



Anyway, enough about pretending you live in the medieval times (la la dream music....), as more than anything the hill up there would take at least 28 days by horse and carriage.. and it would be most draughty alone there, although apparently a family still live in one of the wings today. How cool, yes you may send me a letter, my address is Fuck-Off Huge Castle, Massive Hill, Middle Of Bavaria, Germany.. ?!

So, day 5 on this silly thing that I'm wishing I hadn't started and a song that reminds me of someone.. well, obviously being a popular chap such as myself, I couldn't just pick one person ;) so... I therefore pick precisely 7 other people, and more specifically the snowy week we spent in Centre Parcs 2010, as well as many subsequent cidery nights in front of Rock Band.. enjoy :)


Soundgarden Spoonman von skinandbones

xxx

xx

x

Tuesday 26 April 2011 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The future, is not what it used to be."

Write a comment